1. The Korean woman at the corner store belting out the words to “Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong” in broken English as the song played over the speakers — after which she asked me, “You see this movie? Richard Gere my favorite.”
Yeah, he was pretty hot back then ;)
2. This e-mail from a woman who was at my show on Saturday nite:
By the way, everytime I make my smiley face :-)
I am going to think about your bank account balance with the cute parenthesis and the eyes missing. LOL
I love that bit.
3. Watching my mom ‘hop’ the turnstyle at the Naylor Road Metro station.
She didn’t do it on purpose, but still her ‘gangsta’ impressed me ;)
4. Only having to pay $50 dollars to replace the Blackberry I bought last Tuesday and dropped in a puddle last nite.
Insurance is wonderful.
5. My mom (she made the list twice b/c she’s in town visiting ;) watching me drink limeade for breakfast and thinking it was from the margarita pitcher I had in the fridge.
I wish I hadn’t corrected her.